Interesting Internet History Facts
I thought everyone might be interested in some remarkable Internet facts I found today. It just shows us how powerful the Internet is to developing our overall business presence.
10 Interesting Internet Facts: By Jules Clement- The first popular web browser was called Mosaic and was released in 1993.
– According to CyberAtlas, it took just 5 years for the Internet to reach 50 million users. This same milestone took radio 38 years, and took television 13 years.
– There are over 1 billion Internet users worldwide; that’s 20% of the world’s population.
– In 2008, the United States spent $214.4 billion online. Internet purchasing is increasing at a rate of 7 percent per year. (comScore reports)
– Technorati tracks over 133 million blogs on the Internet.
– Social networking is the fastest growing part of the Internet.
– There are 70 million active users on Facebook (the 8th most popular site in the world), and more than 14 million photos are uploaded daily.
– In January, 2009, the average user spent 10% of all his/her online minutes on social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace.
– The English version of Wikipedia has more than 2.3 million articles. Over one third of US adults consult Wikipedia.
– One in five of the world’s Internet users visits YouTube each day.
– Nielsen NetRatings indicates that the average Internet user, in one month, will visit 59 domains, view 1,050 pages (allocating 45 seconds for each page) and will spend about 25 hours doing all this net activity! Each surfing session lasts 51 minutes.
January 26, 2018
December 6, 2016
November 22, 2016